CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE & TURKEY STUFFED MUSHROOMS
These easy appetizers will soon become a go to recipe for all your holiday parties!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Credit: A Pretty Life (aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com)(via Canadian Turkey Farmers)
• 1 lb ground JD Farms turkey
• 24 cremini mushrooms (you can use button mushrooms too)
• 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
• 1 – 8 oz block cream cheese at room temperature
• 1 tsp ground sage
• Fresh ground pepper
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
• 2 tbsp butter
• Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
• Clean and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
• Line up the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Set aside.
• In a skillet, add the ground turkey. Season with the ground sage, salt and pepper. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
• In a mixer, cream the cream cheese until smooth.
• Stir in the cranberry sauce.
• Once the turkey has cooled, mix it into the cream cheese mixture.
• Add a tablespoon of the turkey/cream cheese mixture into the centres of the mushrooms.
• Place the tray of mushrooms in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
• While the mushrooms are baking, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet and add the bread crumbs. Cook until browned.
• When the mushrooms are done baking, remove them from the oven, sprinkle them with the bread crumbs, and garnish with the chopped parsley.
• Serve immediately!