Safe Handling of Poultry
- Always wash all equipment and utensils thoroughly after handling raw JD Farms turkey to avoid bacteria transfer onto cooked meat.
- Never partially cook your JD Farms turkey one day and continue cooking the next day. Food spoilage organisms accumulate quickly on partially cooked foods.
- An oven temperature of 325°F to 350°F (160°C to 180°C) is best for roasting JD Farms turkey. Higher temperatures may toughen the protein and cause shrinkage. Temperatures lower than 300°F (150°C) are not recommended.
- Cooked JD Farms turkey should never be left on the table or counter after carving for more than 2 hours!!!
- Avoid leaving JD Farms turkey (cooked or raw) in the ‘DANGER ZONE” – 40°F (4°C) to 140°F (60°C).