Try this quick and easy Fall Favourite soup. Uses lots of harvest vegetables and adds no gluten to your meal.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh Ginger Root
- 4 cups low sodium, gluten-free Turkey Stock
- 1 ½ tsp EACH ground Coriander, Cumin and Turmeric
- 1 tsp crushed, dried Chili Peppers
- 1 large Cinnamon stick
- 12 oz EACH Turnip, Carrots and Parsnips, peeled and cut in 1” pieces
- 2 lbs boneless skinless Canadian Turkey Breast, cut in 2” pieces
- 2 cups cooked, drained Chick Peas (optional)
- 1 cup Raisins
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro or Parsley leaves (optional)
Note: Always read the labels on dried fruit to ensure that they are not manufactured in a plant that also processes wheat.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger root; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add turkey stock, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chili peppers, cinnamon stick, turnips, carrots and parsnips; cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; add turkey and continue to simmer covered 20 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Remove cinnamon stick and stir in chick peas and raisins.
- Serve in warm bowls or on a bed of rice, garnished with cilantro.