- 4 Turkey Breast cutlets or 1 boneless, skinless Canadian Turkey Breast (approx. 500g/1 lb.), cut into 4 cutlets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Flour
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) Marinara (tomato) sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat shredded Mozzarella OR 1/2 Buffalo Mozzarella ball thinly slice
- Place flour in a shallow dish or plate.
- Combine egg, milk, salt and pepper in another shallow dish or plate.
- Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish or plate.
- Dredge cutlets in flour and shake off the excess.
- Proceed to the next plate and cover with beaten egg mixture.
- Proceed to the last plate with bread crumbs and coat turkey, pressing lightly.
- When all four cutlets are prepared, heat pan to medium high and sauté two cutlets at a time in olive oil for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Pour 1 cup (250 mL) Marinara sauce into the bottom of a shallow casserole dish. Place turkey cutlets on top, then pour remaining marinara sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, cover and bake 350º F (175º C) for 20 minutes.